Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MLA End-of-Paper Checklist
- Have you given credit to other sources when you’ve quoted and/or paraphrased throughout your paper?
- Are the in-text citations properly constructed according to MLA style?
- Does every in-text citation have a complete, matching citation in your Works Cited List?
Works Cited List
- Does it say Works Cited at the top of your page, centered, and without bolding or underlining?
- Is the Works Cited page double spaced?
- Are the citations in alphabetical order by the first word/name of each citation?
- Are the citations properly constructed according to MLA style?
- Is the second line, of any citations longer than one line, indented half an inch? This is called a “hanging indent” in your paragraph settings.
- Does each citation in the Works Cited list have a matching in-text citation in your assignment?
Overall Paper Presentation
- Is your paper double spaced?
- Is your paper in a clear & readable size 12 font?
- Did you create a header at the top right of each page with the page number?