Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Final Reflection Session - The Viva Voce
The questions asked in the final reflection are evaluative in nature. Some questions that may arise, include:
- If you were to do this research question again, what would you do differently and why?
- Were there any surprises in your learning journey? What did you learn from this?
- What does success mean to you in the process of producing your EE?
- To what extent do you think you have been successful in this process?
- Were the strategies you used for your research question the most appropriate for achieving success?
- If you used alternative search methodologies and/or subject-specific theories, would this have led to a different outcome?
- Are there any new or unanswered questions that emerged as a result of your research?What advice would you give to next year's students who have yet to write their EE?
Your final reflection should include details of how you have grown and benefitted from the whole EE experience.
Hoang, Paul, and Chris Taylor. Extended Essay for the IB Diploma: Skills for Success. Hodder Education, 2017, p. 78.