Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interim Reflection Session
The questions asked at this stage are more likely to be analytical in nature and might include:
- Did you change your approach or methodology during the process? If so, why did you do this?
- How have you critically evaluated the source materials used in producing the draft of your essay?
- What have you learnt from the experience so far in terms of your understanding of the subject area?
- What have you learnt about the skills needed to undertake the research successfully?
- How has your understanding of the topic and research question developed throughout the process so far?
- What will you need to do in order to complete the final draft of your essay?
- What might you need to do in preparation for the final reflection session (the viva voce)?
Hoang, Paul, and Chris Taylor. Extended Essay for the IB Diploma: Skills for Success. Hodder Education, 2017, p. 77.